Monday, July 16, 2012

Process (model) selection and FHIES2012 symposium

No fancy pictures/graphics this time or a long (for some abracadabra) piece of text. No, this time just a short update about the progress of my master thesis and some good news about a new project I am really excited about.



In the last couple of weeks I've been working on processes in a hospital near Eindhoven, The Netherlands. I am not sure what I'm allowed to say about these processes, therefore I think it is better to say nothing at all. Sorry :). However, I have been busy trying to set the AS-IS situation, and this is much harder than I thought. I have been talking to people who are involved in the process and I have been busy in their document management system, trying to look for process descriptions. The conclusion I can draw already is that lots of things can be improved on process modeling and consistency of the models and that my thesis will probably help improving this particular hospital with the selected process.

One hospital is just not enough, so I am still trying to contact more hospitals and waiting for their reactions. The problem is that everybody seems to escape from the rainy summer in The Netherlands, and therefore I cannot contact the right persons. Therefore I have to wait a couple of weeks, but I have plenty of other things to do..

I'm also involved in a new and exciting project. I am asked to present the paper about Model-Driven Engineering at the FHIES2012 symposium in Paris, France. I am really excited about this and Pieter and I already started with the preparations. My literature study sets the stage for the paper I will be presenting end of August. So, wish me well!

I will keep you updated about my thesis and the presentation in Paris.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
    jobs in biotech

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What do you think who are your common readers?

    ReplyDelete